This is the fundamental class to be taken by every EnCase user.
TitleDF120 - Foundations in Digital Forensics with EnCase Forensic
TutorManfred Hatzesberger, Guidance Software
FeesCHF 4'310.- incl. VAT
**Formerly EnCase Computer Forensics I.
This hands-on course involves practical exercises and real-life simulations in the use of EnCase® Forensic (EnCase) Version 8. The class provides participants with an understanding of the proper handling of digital evidence from the initial seizure of the computer/media, acquisition concepts, including live evidence acquisition. Instruction then progresses to the analysis of the data. It concludes with basic report creation and archiving, validating the data, and restoring the case.
Students attending this course will learn the following:
- How to navigate the EnCase interface
- How to create a case and how to preview and acquire media
- How to extract data and files from your evidence
- How to bookmark evidence files, file sets, and data structures
- How to conduct raw and index searches
- How to analyze file signatures and view files
- How to conduct hash and entropy analyses and import hash sets
- How to import and export data to and from Project Vic
- How to install external file viewers to EnCase
- How to locate data in unallocated space
- How to prepare reports, using templates provided with EnCase
- How to create a report template
- How to restore evidence
- How to archive files and data created through the analysis process
- The proper techniques for handling and preserving evidence
Sign up for waiting list
Your enrollment for the waiting list is not binding. You will get notified by e-mail as soon as status changes to this course apply.