This course is ideal for those who require intermediate-level training with a digital investigation platform that covers cases involving smartphones, tablets, computers, and cloud data in a single collaborative interface. This course is the perfect entry point for examiners who are new to AXIOM.
TitleMagnet AXIOM Examinations (AX200)
DateGerman class in March 2019
Fees2'599,- US$ inkl. VAT
Magnet AXIOM Examinations (AX200) is an intermediate-level course, designed for participants who are familiar with the principles of digital forensics, and seeking to use Magnet AXIOM for their investigations. Students will gain a deep understanding of the benefits Magnet AXIOM’s “artifact first” approach in optimizing investigative efficiency. At the conclusion of the four-day training course, participants will have the knowledge and skills they need to
- acquire forensic images from computers, tablets, smartphones, and cloud evidence
- configure Magnet AXIOM Process to recover the most-relevant artifacts
- use Magnet AXIOM Examine to explore the evidence in greater depth, simplifying analysis activities by intuitively linking facts and data and
- preparing key artifacts for collaboration with other stakeholders
Each module of instruction employs extensive scenario-based exercises, to reinforce the learning objectives, and further enhance the participant’s understanding of AXIOM’s functionality, and its application within the forensic workflow.
OBJECTIVES OF AXIOM EXAMINATIONS
- Installation of AXIOM and its core components, AXIOM Process and AXIOM Examine
- Configurations of AXIOM Process for the acquisition and processing of digital evidence – including Single Stage Evidence Processing
- Analyzing case data in AXIOM Examine
- Utilization of hash sets, keywords, regular expressions, and filters to identify key artifacts
- Navigation within the evidence set, using the Artifact, File System, and Registry explorer functionality
- Application of bookmarks, tags and comments to prepare case evidence for exporting and reporting
- Using AXIOM Examine visualization tools to emphasize user behavior patterns
- Enhancing participant understanding of key artifacts; their locations and formats; the user and system behaviors which created them; and, the manner in which AXIOM recovers them
- Building intuitive reports and sharing and managing portable cases with stakeholders
Sign up for waiting list
Your enrollment for the waiting list is not binding. You will get notified by e-mail as soon as status changes to this course apply.